Monday, April 26, 2010

Week 15 - Wiki's

Wiki's are very useful to coordinate work and information for groups of people. I edited the Wikepedia site for the Colby, KS page. There I added some information about the Pioneer Memorial Library. I added the historical perspective and the fact that the library is a vibrant place that is supported by members of the community from its very inception until now.

I have also taken a class in Information Literacy and working with class room teachers. There we had to add reading materials, bibliographies, and reviews of the materials we read as individuals to specific subject pages. It was very helpful to learn about materials others read and what they learned so that I could glean from them.

I also added a brief page to the 23 Things Participant page. It was great to learn how to navigate Wetpaint's software. I had used PBworks previously. I do not remember having advertisements on that site, but then it may have been a paid for expansion of the free software.

I signed up for a wiki for myself I may decide to use this for book reviews and such and then add the information to this blog. Depends on how much time I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment