Friday, April 23, 2010

Week 14: Library Thing Etc. (Shelfari)

Have selected Shelfari to work with as a social book sharing. I've experienced Library Thing in the past, but never did much with it. I have more than 200 books in my library, and do not want to be limited to #'s. Shelfari has some great options. If you become a member, please view the few books I've added. My account is MelanyW. I have sooo many to add, plus all the ones I've read that the library owns.

Once I get through with 23 Things Kansas, I hope to expand to the 45 things, but work on adding my book reviews and such to this blog. I might improve some of my descriptions in the Shelfari by adding my reviews there. We will have to see what is best.

I still want to find out more about adding Library Thing to the library catalog. I need to examine what some of the draw backs might be if we did that. I was impressed that a publisher might send a person a book to review. I know this is done, but be aware that if you receive these books, then you may have to claim them on your taxes as a benefit or income. Ask your tax accountant.

No comments:

Post a Comment