Monday, March 15, 2010

Week 9 - IM's - 23 Things

What do I think about Instant Messaging (IM)??

Instant messaging is always fun. I really enjoy on catching up with friends and those I know around the world. I have been so blessed to talk with those students and families we helped from 1987-2000, when my husband and I lead a Student Sponsorship ministry for 750 children in the Philippines. Its so amazing to see the kids grown and with kids of their own. It's really fun to see their success and know that helping can really make a difference!

I signed up for Meebo. It has taken me quite some time to get comfortable with it. Heather and Cindi helped me with some questions. I know that Meebo is suppose to have good instructions, and I did watch some instructions, I just needed remedial help!! Using Meebo I can now IM through Facebook, Yahoo, and Gtalk.

Meebo has not yet changed how I work. I have begun just reconnecting with others in short bursts however. I may see if patrons want to IM us for help but I need to think through this. I may be able to add a link to our website to allow this. This of course will take some planning and work. Any suggestions or examples can be sent this blog.
I have also enjoyed using the freenode Web IR message chat for 23 Things Kansas as well. This is where I got really quick help from Heather. She was able to answer me and even add a link for me to review. What a great way to communicate and also continue to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment