Saturday, September 18, 2010

Enjoying the Experience Again of Cross-cultural Communication

 My husband and I are so enjoying the experience of communicating with someone that speaks English as a second language. It makes you realize how much you take for granted! It makes remember how difficult it was when I was trying to learn another language and live in the host country. My hubby says I need to slow my speech down but that is a bit difficult. Cherry's range and knowledge of English vocabulary is really excellent but sometimes I find myself having  to rethink a sentence because the think I am saying is quite colloquial and is not easily explained!

Here is our first picture together when she arrived! She looked great considering she'd just traveled half way around  the world and her body clock was completely upside down! What a trooper.


No comments:

Post a Comment